August 13, 1521





We finally came back to Tenochititlan. And Finally, the Aztecs surrendered today.

I reorganized and trained with my soldiers for a year, and we attacked the Aztecs. I learned
that being an Empire was nothing more than a collection of smaller groups of people who were tied all together by one thing: membership in the society. Many of these communities wanted freedom themselves, and the revolt of them was a huge collaboration for my conquest of Tenochititlan. Luckily, a plague, small pox, had striked the city and wiped almost the half of the population. With the help of all other revolts from different communities, and from the plague, I gathered up about 150,000 native Aztecs and 9,000 of my soldiers to completely seize back the city. Also, I gained power over the many Aztecs that were revolting against for freedom. I planned to increase the mobility on the lake, which was my main weakness from previous battles. I ordered the construction of thirteen brigantines and I received many supplies an support from Vera Cruz. I had eighty-six horsemen, one-hundred eighteen crossbowmen and harquebusiers, and 700 Spanish foot soldiers. First, my troop marched to the inland, but it was not that easy, because over a year, the Aztecs, also, had adapted new tactics that we had not known. Cuauhtémoc was the new emperor of the Aztecs and today, we had executed him while we were keeping him as a hostage.By the end, many Aztecs lost their lives, and with less that 1,000 of my soldiers, I had conquered 5 million Aztecs.

I came a long way to conquer Mexico, the great Aztec Empire. The Aztec Empire is full of riches, jewels and gold. The history of Aztecs are interesting, and the history inside it, is mysterious. Right after the Aztec surrender, we didn't stop slaughtering the people and looting the city. Many of the Aztecs fled the city. Most of the noble class had died, and the remaining ones were all young children. The remaining of my forces consisted of 900 Spaniards, eighty horses, sixteen pieces of artillery, and my thirteen brigantines.

No comments: