November 8,1519


I finally reached to Tenochititlan, where thousands of Aztecs are living.

Tenochititlan is a big city, as I learned and heard, and I just set up my headquarters in the middle of the city. It was easy to access Tenochititlan, much easier than I thought. Or perhaps, too easy. Montezuma II, the Aztec Emperor, received me and my troops graciously, without stopping us. Malinche, my mistress and interpreter, helped me to communicate with Montezuma II. I had learned and heard from Malinche about the Aztec culture, religion and their history before I marched to inland and I had learned about the gods that the Aztecs believed, one of them, Quetzalcoatl. The "arriving of Quetzalcoatl" matched my arriving, and most of the Aztecs believe that I am the god who came back from the east. And also it was the year that Aztec prophecies told he will come. I have to keep my position here, and conquer this place, so in order for me to keep my position, I decided to capture Montezuma II, the emperor, as a hostage. We will make him pay us with gold and jewels, and all the riches that they own.


I have many plans to take over the Aztec Empire, but I heard a news about Governor Velazquez sending out Panfilo de Narvaez to Mexico. This will be a problem, but as soon as possible, I'm going to gather my troops and march to the coast. I'll make all this plan tomorrow morning, with my best and skilled soldiers.